Thursday, March 12, 2009

Curtain Impaired

I gave up making curtains for my house many years ago after many many failed attempts...



Just couldn't ever get them quite right.



I even tried my hand at Roman Shades here and there, but that was a mess as well...



Finally, I concluded that of all the talents that I may have, curtain-making will never ever be on the list... which I've been fine with for years... purchasing modular Swedish blinds, or lately, custom cellular blinds - a new fave.



But Chuy's room needed some more colors than just green... I knew I shouldn't even attempt to make a curtain - especially now that my sewing room is a pile of clear plastic bins out in the garage - but I threw caution to the wind and decided to at least try...



Voila! It worked!






...and it actually looks good...






I'm still in shock... I think the main reason for the success was that I made it cafe length - not ceiling to floor - or even worse - when you try to make it fit exactly in the window... nightmare!



I was so excited at how the curtain came out, I decided to make a crib skirt as well...






Keeping the mattress out of the crib keeps the cats out of the crib... in case you were wondering... but, check out that nifty skirt - pretty cool what a bit of fabric and some sticky back velcro can do to liven up an otherwise plain crib...



Here it is close up...






So, now I can bring in some solid colors that aren't green - blues, oranges, yellows, even black - so many possibilities!

No comments: