Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Nursery...

We're finally on the home stretch of nursery decorating at Casa Canacorn - just a couple tiny details to go and we'll be ready to roll!



I was so concerned that it wouldn't be the vision I originally had - but it is - more so than I ever imagined...



Let's take a peek, shall we?






The door to his room... this Q came white, but it was nothing a little blue paint couldn't fix...






The room is so small it's hard to get good photos, but this is the window wall complete with bookshelf, toy box, and some art and goodies...






The bookshelf has the owl that I made for our little guy a few months ago, my old owl lamp that I painted blue, and some books, toys, and baskets. We painted the inside of the bookshelf as well as the outside rim in blue too - just to make it a little more unique.






The artwork above the shelf came from Berkley Illustration



I so totally love these guys and their animal portraits and am so glad that we are the proud owners of not one but two prints! In fact, just talking about them makes me want to buy more... hmmm...



Moving on...





The Toy Box - which at the moment is more of a storage box for crib sheets and whatnot. The pillows on this box are both special to me - the white one with the blue dots came from our Trading Spaces room - it's one of the only original items not in that room now. The pink kitty/bunny/bear came all the way from Japan and makes an excellent pillow when on a plane. The black furry one isn't a pillow at all! It's Ozzy Osbourne-Corcoran who was following me around asking what this room was for and what exactly is going on with my belly... poor guy...






These silkscreened squid/ spaceship dudes came from someone who was making a bid to make some posters for me at my old job. I can't remember his name now, but I've always liked these little prints and knew I would use them somewhere someday for something...






Next up is the changing table/ dresser area. We highlighted the dresser with a bit of blue on the drawers - once again, just to make it a bit more decorative and a bit less plain white. I really like how it came out!



The artwork is from my old sewing room - The Hubs bought one of these for my B-Day a million years ago from Ye Ol' Urban Outfitters... I immediately went back and scooped up the rest!



Oh, and yes, we're leaving the plastic wrappers on not only the changing pad but the crib mattress as well... keeps the cats away...






This bookshelf shares the wall with the door. On it we have some super awesome night lights from Ikea - the Spooka series to be exact, a Friends With You Mr. TTT Rainbow, books, baskets, my Garfield doll from when I was little - I literally loved the stripes off of him, and a robot and gorilla courtesy of my baby daddy... you know, to butch up the room a bit...



The prints above the shelf are from Gama Go...





I used to be a wholesale customer of theirs, so, each year, they would send me a limited edition, numbered, very rare print as a Christmas present... these are two of them... pretty darn cool, huh?



and finally...





...the crib wall! We now have a mattress for the crib... wrapped in plastic to keep baby kitties from wanting to nap there... We opted to do the big dots on this wall instead of hang up any art - as we have trains that drive by right behind our back fence... making everything in the house do a little shimme shake...



So, there you have it - an almost complete nursery!



Just have to make some cute slip covers for the cube benches and of course get some more books and whatnot for the shelves... oh, and give birth to one incredibly cute baby genius to sleep in the crib, get his diaper changed on the table, and play with his toys!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Creative-Type Dad said...

Nice!

Those animal illustrations are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, CTD! It was fun setting up the boy's room...some day he can make his own choices about how it looks, but for now it's all up to mom (and dad).

Oh yeah, Berkley Illustration fucking rules! Click the link and check out his stuff

kindertrauma said...

I freakin' love the Berkley Prints (now I know where I'll be doing my X-Mas shopping), and the owl & the cat in the sailboat above the changing station is equally adorable. If I ever win the Powerball, can I hire the two of you to do some decorating around my place? Seriously. -- aunt john

Mrs. Candycorn said...

Thanks Auntie John! We had a lot of fun putting it all together. ...and yes, we would LOVE to do some decorating around the Kindertrauma Castle... please send pics... seriously...

Megs said...

just stumbled upon ur page and im loving this room! i have to ask, where did you get the orange donkey on the floor beside the crib and bookshelf?? i loove it!

Mrs. Candycorn said...

Hi Megs,

Thanks for stopping by! The orange horse in the corner is a Rody Horse. We inherited it from a dear friend, but you can check em out on www.rodytoy.com.

Enjoy!