Tuesday, June 30, 2009

3 Weeks

Dear Chuy,

Happy 3 week birthday! I can't believe that three weeks ago today, at this time, I was hanging out in a hospital bed waiting for you to arrive. Some days it seems like you just got here... some days it seems like you've always been here.

Today is the first day your Dad went back to work and you and I were left alone to face the world. It went pretty well - we had a crazy rain storm which first knocked the cable out, then all the power went out - but just for a little bit. When it came back on, we watched Pretty In Pink - as there was no cable and no Dads around to stop us...

I mistakenly thought that I would be able to get a nap or two in during one of your naps, but you had different plans for me today. Just as I would lay you down in your crib, your eyes would pop open. The first few times, I thought that maybe you would take a look around and then go back to sleep... I was incorrect.

So, after four different attempts, I have officially given up and decided to write this blog instead... which is funny, because you've been snoozing away in your bouncy seat since I turned the computer on... silly rabbit.

Some things you can do today on your 3 week birthday include: focusing on our faces... making cute little noises that aren't cries... holding your head up for a few seconds... sometimes even moving it from side to side... you have an entire repertoire of faces that you make - your Dad and I always say that you have a PhD in Face Makery... and you've become more awake and alert than ever before - even more than yesterday!

I still can't believe that you're finally out of my belly and into our arms - I can't wait to see what amazing skill you master by tomorrow... or Thursday...

Love,
Mommy

No comments: