Friday, February 27, 2009

Menu Confusion



Pregnancy has so many side effects and symptoms that nobody ever mentions to you until you are actually pregnant... hip pain... acne... my hair seems to be going straight... but the strangest symptom I've had lately is menu confusion.

I first noticed it the other night - we were out to dinner with some dear friends at a Greek place by my office. I love this particular Greek place - go there for lunch all the time - always order the same thing - the gyro meat and chicken combo plate. It comes with hummus and pita so you can make little gyro or chicken sammies... delish!

When the food arrived, our friends got the yummy gyro meat/ chicken situation, while the Hubs and I ended up with a Combination Platter... hmmm... sounds close in name to the Gyro/ Chicken Combo plate, but vastly different.

I didn't want to be one of 'those' people that sends food back when it was my mistake, so, we ate our Combination Platter - which, for the most part was good - had many different samples of Greek fair, but was missing the all important, infinitely tasty Gyro meat... bummer.

Cut to this morning... I wanted some orange juice and maybe a McMuffin of sorts, so I headed over to Mickey D's to make this a reality. I order the #3 combo with an orange juice and pull around to the first window... as I'm driving around to the window, it dawns on me that the #3 isn't in the McMuffin family... I should have been tipped off when the lady asked if I wanted butter and jelly for the biscuit... hmmm... no one has ever asked me that about a McMuffin before...

The #3 is a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. I once again didn't make a stink and change my order at the window because it was my confusion, not theirs, that led to this mistake.

It was yummy and came with the all important orange juice, so, in the end, no harm or foul... just so strange that I for some reason can't seem to order what I want from restaurants anymore... and I have no one to blame but myself...

No comments: