Wednesday, July 22, 2009

6 weeks old!

Dear Chuy,

Today, you are 6 weeks and 1 day old - can you believe it? Thanks to my C-Section, I get to hang out with you at home for a couple more weeks, which is awesome, because I can't wrap my head around having to drop you off at day care yet... so, for now, it's you and me during the day!

You've had a busy week this week... your new fancy swing arrived...
...and you love it.

I had decided long ago, before you were ever a twinkle in my eye, that when we had a baby, we wouldn't be 'those people' that keep large baby gear in their living room... that our house would be relatively unchanged and we'd keep all that crap outta here...

... but then I saw your buddy Clover in her swing... and she loved it... and it suddenly seemed perfectly normal that people with babies have baby gear in their living rooms... and that there's nothing wrong with that... I mean, you need a place to relax too, right?

You, Daddy and I also went to a dinner party this past week - we had fun and some of your buddies were there...
We all loved that your outfit matched the ladies and that it wasn't planned!

The biggest news this week was that your creepy umbilical stump finally fell off - revealing a super cute baby belly button and making it possible for Daddy and I to give you a real bath... in the sink... with soap and water!
I just love this pic of you watching Daddy giving you a bath - so sweet...

So, that's what you were up to this week!

Oh, and by the way, why is it whenever you and Clover get together you always try to take her shirt off?
Fresh...

Love,
Mommy

No comments: