Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Five Weeks!


Dear Chuy,

Happy five week birthday!

I think you might be having a growth spurt this week and here why...

First up, there was the sleeping through the entire night on Sunday night.

Once we got over the shock and horror of neither one of us waking to feed or change you in the night and the fact that you were merely sleeping and not dead, we have been curious as to why this might have happened.

I know I shouldn't look this gift horse in it's mouth, but you shouldn't be sleeping through the night for a long while...

Turns out, it was a fluke and you're back to your regularly scheduled program.

Next was your schedule yesterday - which included three activities... scream, eat, sleep... in that order... repeated every two hours on the dot as though you can tell time. No time for tummy time, no time for Wee See, no patience for Jacque, nada... scream, eat, sleep, repeat.

The few times your eyes were open yesterday, you looked to your side at what seemed to be nothing, which made me decide that there's something wrong with your eyes - you're not looking at my face - you're supposed to be looking at my face this week... and smiling... there were no smiles at my house yesterday.

Today, things are different again - more sleep than scream or eat, although you are still waking up for your meals... because you are your mother's son... but the few minutes when you were awake today, you looked me right square in the eye... and smiled...



Thank you, I will stop trolling the internet for possible diseases, injuries, etc. that could be impairing your vision or social skills... you're fine and I'm crazy.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: