Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One Month Old!


Dear Chuy,

Happy one month birthday! I can't believe it's been an entire month since they ripped you from my uterus after 20 hours of labor.

It seems like only yesterday I was moaning and groaning about being so incredibly pregnant... I thought for sure you were never coming out of my body - that I would be pregnant forever with a giant man sized baby... thankfully, that's not the case!

You've acquired all sorts of new skills and tricks... you can hold your head up for a super long time, you've discovered the tv (and you yell at it just like your father) - I'm not exactly sure what your beef is with Brooke Shields, but you certainly told her a thing or two while she was speaking at Michael Jackson's funeral today...

You are generally more aware than ever before - Jacque the Peacock is suddenly interesting, the cool rainforest aquarium in your crib is even more riveting, and you've been enjoying relaxing on the quilt that your Bachan made for you while watching your Wee See DVD...

I wish it wasn't over 100 degrees outside everyday - I'm sure you would really dig hanging out in our backyard or taking a walk in your stroller, but we'd both die of heat stroke, and the whole point of this entire adventure is to keep you alive, so, guess we'll be waiting a few months for that walk...

I can't believe that my maternity leave is half way over... I'm very saddened by the fact that in four more short weeks, I have to take you to day care... and leave you there... all day... every day... it's so weird and too much for my tender new mom brain to handle, so, for now, I'm trying not to think about it.

Happy one month birthday, son - your daddy and I love you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: