Saturday, April 25, 2009

Baby Gear

And now it begins...Baby gear.



The stroller/car seat was easy enough to put together...and thanks to the LATCH system, the installation of the car seat was a breeze...mostly. The sucker still isn't totally level and wiggles just a little too much for our liking. Luckily we have a car seat fitting class this Thursday to make sure we figure the damn thing out.

It's totally weird having a car seat for Chuy in The Wife's car since the little man won't be paroled for another 44 days....I guess it will be even more totally weirder-er once there's an actual baby in it.

I've been handling my upcoming fatherhood pretty good so far..or is it pretty well? (Damn, I need to figure all this grammar stuff out so I can teach Chuy how to speak good English well!)

Anyway, I haven't freaked out too much these past 7 months...but I have to admit the stroller and car seat combo was a one two punch of reality. It was a complete, This is really happening moment...

Man, this last trimester is going to be over before we know it...and we'll be strapping our son into his totally level, totally secure car seat and taking him home sooner than later.

No comments: