Monday, April 27, 2009

Crafty Friends!

We've hit another milestone in our journey through pregnancy... the baby shower.

It wasn't so much a 'baby shower' as a party where baby things were discussed and presents were presented... we wanted it to be laid back with no 'shower' games and we wanted both ladies and gents to be able to attend...


Thanks to our friend Yasmine, we did have exceptionally gourmet snacks - there were cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off and everything - f.a.n.c.y.!!!

A great time was had by all and we received many many awesome and useful presents from our friends.

A few of these presents weren't off the registry, but instead, were handmade, and are so awesome, I thought I'd share them here...

Our friend Sara made us some hand screen printed onesies... a scooter, a truck, and a pill bottle...


So cute! She was concerned that the pill bottle might be a little inappropriate, but it is certainly the right amount of inappropriate for our family!

Our friend Catherine also made us some hand screen printed onesies - 3 black cats!


Yay! Kitties! But Noelle, don't you have 4 black cats? Well, kinda... but one of them has white on his face and a giant white foot... so, technically, I do have three black ones and one Oreo flavored one...

Our buddy Susann made us some hand appliqued onesies... an owl and a musical necktie...



There were two reasons I was a little tiny bit sad when I found out the little guy was a boy... one is that he most likely won't want to take ballet classes... the other was that I thought that baby girl clothes were cuter than baby boy clothes and I'd be stuck buying him sports related crap because there wouldn't be any other choice.

Well, I'm still a bit sad about dance class (I mean, if he wants to, that's cool with me), but am so glad I was wrong about cute clothes! My little boy gets to wear necktie onesies! Take that - frilly girls clothes!

Speaking of necktie onesies... why should baby get to have all the fun? Check out the Daddy and Baby matching set - handmade by our buddy Mandy Joe...


Isn't that the best ever? Can't wait to take a million pictures of Daddy and Baby in their outfits!

Last but certainly not least, check out the most awesome Knitty Robot - handmade by our friend Vickie...



How amazingly rad is this robot? The Hubs keeps asking me how long it must have taken Vickie to make Mr. Knitty... my answer is always 'if I tried to knit something that cool, it would take me 7 years... and it still wouldn't be finished...'

Here's a pic of the Knitty Robot with his new buddy Gigantor...


Aw... robot friends...

Thanks again to everyone that came out to spend the day celebrating the arrival of our little guy. And thanks for all of our presents - they were all awesome!

No comments: