Wednesday, May 27, 2009

38 Weeks!

Dear Chuy,






Today marks 38 weeks and two days that you've lived in my belly.

We have 13 days until our due date.

It's been an amazing journey with you - starting with my magical ability to make two pink lines appear on multiple home pregnancy tests... seeing your tiny little pea shaped body on the ultrasound machine for the first time... hearing your heartbeat... watching you grow on the inside (and me grow on the outside, unfortunately)... feeling you move around, kick, hiccup, squirm, flutter... it's all been overwhelming, uncomfortable, scary, and exciting, but most of all an absolute miracle.



Dr. E said that I'm 2 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced at today's check up... which means that you are getting ready for Phase 2 and so am I.

I'm ready... I think... for the most part... are you?

No comments: