Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gettin' Ready!

Man o man, only two weeks until the arrival of Chuy, The Amazing Outside Baby!

Or it could be three weeks...Dr. E says he'll give it a whole week past the due date before inducing labor, much to The Wife's displeasure and discomfort.

There's so much to do to get ready for Chuy...Let's see...
We've set up the crib, the car seat, and the stroller...we've purchased diapers, bottles, baby pants, sheets, towels, bibs and a ton of other stuff...but it feels like I'm forgetting something....

Oh snap! I gotta' organize my comic collection! We can't have a jumbled mess o' comic books in the house! What happens when it's time to teach Chuy some life lessons according to the Silver Age and my Amazing Spiderman is mixed in with my Justice League Of America?!



Luckily, all my funny books are in these handy short boxes (and mostly in alphabetical order already)...I got rid of all my bulky long boxes years ago when I finally trimmed some fat off my collection (I'm looking at you, everything drawn by Rob Liefeld).

It was fun going through my collection again and wondering just what heroes and villains my little buddy will be into. What artists will inspire him to draw? Will he prefer Marvel or DC? And most importantly, will he realize that Thor, Frog Of Thunder was quite possibly the most awesome idea Walt Simonson ever came up with?



I know it's still a ways away before Chuy can fully appreciate what comic books have to offer...but thanks to my Virgo tendencies, this collection is ready!



Now, let's whip that record collection into shape...

No comments: